Health service and Covid-19
In Dáil Éireann on Thursday, I spoke about a number of issues including:
• The limited number of ICU beds in the country and how we all have a part to play in keeping COVID-19 case numbers down.
• The potential long-term economic consequences for local businesses and their employees as consumers divert most of their spend towards multinational companies.
• The need for Government to include seasonal workers in the tourism sector in the Covid-19 unemployment payment scheme.
• The importance of holding further Dáil sessions in order for Government to remain answerable to the people of Ireland.
• And the need for our public doctors to be paid the same as consultant doctors from the private hospital network who have brought in to assist with the COVID-19 response.