Michael McNamara is an Independent TD for the Clare constituency since the 2020 general election, and previously from 2011 to 2016.
Michael was the first Clare T.D. to be elected to the 33rd Dáil at the election count on 9 February 2020.
He was appointed Chair of the Special Committee on the COVID-19 Response in September 2020. He also is a member of the the Committee on the Implementation of the Good Friday Agreement.
From 2011 to 2016 Michael was a member of the Oireachtas Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine, and a member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
Michael’s vision for Clare is
- to build a sustainable environment, supported by an economy that sustains rural communities
- seek increased hospital capacity to end overcrowding and secure investment in mental health services
- enable farmers to develop their operation to get a fair price for their produce
- fight for affordable childcare and health insurance
- address soaring crime
- support a revitalised Shannon Airport to drive industry and tourism
- and push for the construction of homes to house our families.
Personal life: Having studied in Scariff Community College, St. Flannan’s and UCC, Michael worked as a human rights lawyer with the OSCE and UN in Eastern Europe and Afghanistan before returning to run the family farm in Scarriff and practice as a Barrister.
Michael McNamara TD,
Lower Market Street Car Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare,
Opening Hours, Mon-Fri, 9/5 and lunch 1/2
Tel: 065 – 6893639
Tel: 01 – 6183879